Planned maintenance: Please note EAPF Online will be unavailable between 09:00 on 30 October until 17:00 on 31 October 2019 for essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

When things change in your life, it’s important to keep us up to date so that we can continue to administer your EAPF pension.

On this page you’ll find key information about what to do, or what will happen, should your circumstances change. Click on the boxes below for more details.

If you’re still contributing to the Scheme you should also visit our contributing member’s page.  

If you've left the Scheme but still have benefits with us (you've not transferred them out), you should visit our deferred member’s page.

If I change my address, how do I let you know?

The quickest and most secure way to update your personal details is by logging in to your EAPF Online pension account. If you haven't already registered, don’t worry it’s really simple!

All you need to do is visit EAPF Online with your National Insurance number, and then click on ‘Register’.

You can also contact Capita, visit our Contact page for more details.

How do I change my bank details?

If you want your change the bank account your pension is paid into, you can do this by writing to us with proof of your bank account to Environment Agency Pension Pay Team, 555 Stead House, Darlington, DL1 9YT or by emailing

I want to inform you of my beneficiaries, or update the information you hold about me, what do I do?

You can make a nomination or update your beneficiaries quickly and securely by logging in to your EAPF Online pension account and completing our nomination form. If you haven't already registered, don’t worry it’s really easy!

Simply visit EAPF Online with your National Insurance number, and then click on ‘Register’.

On our Forms page you can also download an Expression of Wish form and send this to Capita.

Please note: If you’re a contributing member and you're completing a paper form, you should send this to your employer. Details on changes related to pay, leave of absence and divorce can be found on our contributing member 'Change of circumstances' page.

What happens if I get another job?

If, after taking your Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) pension benefits, you get a job with an employer that does not participate in the LGPS, there'll be no change to your pension. It will continue to be paid as usual (although the tax office might adjust your tax code).

If, after taking your LGPS pension benefits, you get a job with an employer or council that participates in the LGPS, then whether or not you join the LGPS in this new job, you must inform us by contacting Capita, the Scheme administrator. Visit our Contact details page for the various ways you can contact Capita. 

If you have benefits in the Scheme before 2014, we'll check to see whether these are affected by your new job. If you rejoin the LGPS you'll build up a new period of membership and you'll receive a further package of pension benefits on your retirement.

It's important to note, that if you're in receipt of a ‘tier 3’ ill health pension, and you take on a new employment, you must immediately provide details of this to your previous employer as they awarded you this pension. Your previous employer will then determine whether your pension should be discontinued.

What happens if I get married, divorce, enter into or dissolve a civil partnership, begin or cease cohabiting?

Please inform us immediately by contacting Capita, our Scheme administrator. You’ll also need to send the relevant certificates for registration and return. Visit our Contact details page for various ways you can contact Capita.

If you get divorced, or dissolve your civil partnership, or revoke a cohabiting partner nomination, then your former wife, husband, civil partner or cohabiting partner will stop being entitled to a pension, if you die before them. As part of the divorce or dissolution proceedings, you may wish to get legal advice from your solicitor on how to deal with your LGPS pension benefits. You and your partner will need to consider how to treat your pension rights as part of any settlement. You may also wish to review your Expression of Wish nomination, to let us know who you'd like to receive any death benefits payable. 

The easiest way to make a new nomination is by logging into EAPF Online. If you haven't already registered, simply visit EAPF Online with your National Insurance number, and then click on ‘Register’.

You can also download an Expression of Wish form which you'll find on our Forms page and send this to Capita.

Points to note

If your pension benefits are subject to a Pension Sharing Order, issued by the Court following a divorce or annulment of marriage, or the making of an order for the dissolution or nullity of a civil partnership, or are subject to a qualifying agreement in Scotland, they'll be reduced in accordance with the Court Order or agreement. If you remarry, or enter into a new civil partnership, any partner's pension payable following your death will also be reduced. Benefits payable to eligible children will not be reduced because of a pension share.

My health is deteriorating and I want someone else to look after my affairs, what do I do?

You may worry about ill health in later life preventing you from managing your property and savings, or even doing day to day activities you take for granted, such as collecting your pension or drawing money from your bank account.

If you're concerned about the possibility of being unable to manage your own affairs later in life, you may want to think about creating an 'Enduring Power of Attorney'. This is a simple form that allows you to specify who you want to act on your legal behalf, and under what circumstances. For example, you can arrange for your spouse or partner to act on your behalf if you become too ill to do so yourself. Visit the website for more details about making an Enduring Power of Attorney.

You’ll find forms and more information about the process from the Office of the Public Guardian section of the website.

You can also get in touch with your solicitor or local Citizen's Advice Bureau. Visit the Citizen’s Advice website for more information.

Send message