Planned maintenance: Please note EAPF Online will be unavailable between 09:00 on 30 October until 17:00 on 31 October 2019 for essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The EAPF, Capita and your employers are unable to give you financial advice. If you're unsure of the best way to top up your pension, you should contact an independent financial adviser.

The Money Advice Service can help you find an independent financial advisor (IFA) in your area. You can find an IFA by visiting

For more details about paying in-house additional voluntary contributions (IHAVCs), read our Topping up my pension factsheet.

If you want to change the amount you pay or stop your IHAVC payments with Standard Life, Prudential, Equitable Life or Clerical Medical, please click on the boxes below.

Prudential - starting, amending, stopping AVCs

If you want to start, amend or stop paying AVCs to Prudential please go to If you pay AVCs to Prudential, you'll be able to view details of your account online and for log on details call 0345 600 0343.

A message from Prudential March 2021

If you currently pay into an Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC) plan with Prudential or have done so in the past, please be aware they are currently experiencing delays in the processing of contributions and paying out claims.

Prudential are working hard to resolve the delays and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

How does this affect my contributions?

Prudential have confirmed that any delay in the processing of contributions will not affect your money. Contributions will be backdated to the original date that they were received by them.

The delays may mean that you won’t be able to see an up to date figure when you log in to your Prudential online account. This will be resolved when your contributions are processed.

Your contributions have not been lost and will be processed as quickly as possible by Prudential.

How does this affect making a claim?

Prudential have had delays in issuing claims but have provided reassurance claims will be paid and there is no problem with their ability to pay. However, the delays do mean that you may have to wait longer for your retirement or transfer claim to be completed. Prudential expect this to be resolved by early April.

Standard Life – starting or amending AVCs

If you want to start paying AVCs or switch funds to Standard Life please call 0345 279 8831. You can also email them at

If you pay AVCs with Standard Life you can view details of your AVC account online. You can register for an online account by visiting

You'll need to quote the Scheme number, which is H93026 and your membership number which is shown on your joining certificate or your latest annual statement. 

Clerical Medical and Equitable Life

If you're currently paying AVCs with Clerical Medical or Equitable Life and need to make changes, please contact the Environment Agency Pension Fund team at Capita. 

See our Contact page for the various ways you can contact Capita.

You can also contact both Capita and your employer’s payroll department at the following addresses below.


Environment Agency Pensions Team, Capita, 11b Lingfield Point, Darlington DL1 1AX 

For general information you can call 0800 121 6593.

You can also use our online contact form.

Natural Resources Wales payroll
Environment Agency payroll

Payroll Department, Aqua House, East Station Road, Peterborough, Cambs, PE2 8AG

Send message