The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) provides an excellent range of benefits for you and your family, and is a valuable part of your employment package, as your employer pays a large part of the cost of the Scheme.
The range of benefits on offer to members who join the Scheme includes:
- A guaranteed indexed-linked pension payable for life
- The ability to convert or give up pension for tax-free cash on retirement
- Ill health retirement
- Death in service cover of three times your ‘assumed pensionable pay’
- Survivor pensions for spouses, civil partners and, subject to meeting certain criteria, cohabiting partners
- Children's pensions payable up to age 23 if they continue in full-time education or vocational training
Click here if you currently contribute to the LGPS.
Click here if you currently receive an LGPS pension.
Click here if you have contributed to the LGPS in the past.
Click here if you don’t currently contribute to the LGPS or have opted out, but you’d like to know more.
Click here to read our full Scheme Guide.